Ekstedt at the Yard
Live fire cooking at it’s best
We’re excited to be part of a one of a kind dinner at Ekstedt at The Yard on November 16th…
Niklas Ekstedt, culinary leader of Scandi destination, Ekstedt at The Yard, and Karan are joining forces in the kitchen to bring together their beloved cultures and create an unexpected dining experience, available for one night only.
Served family style, each course has been created to incorporate Sri-Lankan spices and Swedish ingredients, all cooked over Ekstedt at The Yard’s signature open fire. The evening will be an opportunity for guests to share a communal table with fellow foodies, laden with a wealth of dishes to feast upon. The menu, created collaboratively and introduced by Niklas and Karan, will include:
● Burnt scallop with buttermilk and apple
● Sourdough bread and lingonberry sambal, served with pickles
● Smoked chilli cashews
● Grilled lobster, Kiri hodi and dill with oven dried tomatoes and pickle
● Banana leaf roasted fish and onion salad
● Dirty steak and charcoal smoked curry with roasted bone marrow, coconut crumble, hasselback potatoes and charred wintergreens
● Mushroom souffle and black pepper ice cream
Ekstedt at The Yard’s Head Sommelier, Kleo Kanellakis, will be pouring exquisite wines throughout the evening, expertly selected to complement the dishes. Wines will be served in a ‘free flowing’ style, to add to the informal and celebratory atmosphere of the evening.
Tickets are priced at: £95pp and includes all food, with an optional wine pairing add-on of £75pp.
£5 from each ticket sold will be donated to Feeding The Future, to help feed schools in the poorest districts in Sri Lanka.